In an effort to “Accelerate Idaho” and expand career opportunities for Idaho citizens, Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter established an interagency rapid response team responsible for collaborating quickly and efficiently when businesses are interested in launching, growing or relocating in Idaho.
Led by the Idaho Department of Commerce, the rapid response team includes representatives from the following agencies:
- Idaho Department of Commerce
- Idaho State Department of Agriculture
- Idaho Division of Building Safety
- Idaho Department of Energy Resources
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Idaho State Tax Commission
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Idaho Department of Water Resources
In coordination with local government and economic development partners, the rapid response team carries out the state’s mission of ‘running at the speed of business’. The team proactively engages with companies to clearly communicate regulatory requirements and speed up the timeline to secure permits, discuss infrastructure needs, and outline opportunities for grants or other forms of assistance.